Finding aid URL: https://archives.lafayette.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/linne.pdf
Organized in 1845, Linné Lyceum was one of the earliest extra-curricular clubs at Lafayette College. Dedicated to the promotion of the natural sciences, the group was named in honor of the celebrated Swedish botanist, Karl von Linné. Washington McCartney, professor of mathematics, natural philosophy, and astronomy, was its sponsor. The lyceum held their meetings in Prayer Hall above the old Model School. Members lectured on topics including mineralogy, geology, and botany. Records consist of an account book and minutes of the organization.